The AAP Exchange is an online community designed exclusively for the more than 4,000 AAPs nationwide and prospective AAPs who have registered to sit for the Exam this fall. This is a great way to come together, share ideas and offer insight and advice to your peers (and maybe have a little FUN too)! This page will show you the basics to get started and tips on how to use some of the tools in the community.
Sign In: To access the content on the AAP Exchange, click the Sign In button in the top right-hand corner of the page. Your user name (email) and password are the same as they are for the NACHA website. If you have not created one previously, you can do that on the Login page that will appear when you click Sign In.
Your Profile: Your basic profile has been created using the information from our database. We encourage you to personalize it by adding information such as your bio, professional interests, personal hobbies and even a profile picture. The site even creates networks based on your demographics. Looking for a golf buddy? Go to your profile and click on My Connections > Networks. TIP: the quickest way to access your profile is to click on the arrow next to the Sign In button after you have logged in. (always in the upper right hand corner).
• Profile Controls: If you would like to control the amount of information other members see on your profile. Once logged in, go to My Profile > My Account > Privacy Settings. From there, you can choose what information others can see or not see. Be sure to click the “Save” button when finished.
Directory Function: Look for other members by name, company or email address by using the Directory link. Or dig deeper by using the Advanced Search function to look for people using specific criteria. Once you’ve found that person you can view profiles, send messages or add as a contact.
• Adding Contacts: This feature creates an organized list in your profile so you can easily access who you are looking for. To do this simply click on the “Add as Contact” button on the right once you’ve found the individual in the Directory.
Daily Digest: As part of the community, you are automatically subscribed to receive a daily digest of activity on the Exchange. You may view or edit your email subscriptions by going to My Profile > My Account > Community Notifications. You can choose from the following options:
• Real Time: You will receive an email each time a new message is posted.
• Daily Digest:You will receive one email each day containing all of the previous days’ messages.
• No Email: This means that you won’t receive any emails in your inbox. You will need to log in to the Exchange to view and reply to discussion posts.
Conversations: Participate in discussions or start your own. Use the links next to posts to:
• Reply to Discussion: sends your response to the entire group
• Reply to Sender: sends a private message to the author of the post
• View Thread: see all the posts in a particular discussion in chronological order
• Post Message: starts a new discussion thread
Blog Postings: To create a blog post simply click on the “Blogs” tab, and click the “More” button in. Then click on the “Create a New Blog” button. Create a title for your blog, insert the content, chose who can read it and make comments on the entry and then click “Publish”.
If you need additional help with The AAP Exchange please click the “Contact Us” button and you will be directed to an automated email so that your question will be routed to the appropriate person. If you need immediate support, please contact our Member Services Department at 703/561-1100 and they can direct your call.